Monday, September 20, 2010

My dark place

Pain.
It can do strange things to the mind. I can see why torture is such a popular means of extracting information from people, because you can get a lot of cooperation from a person if you hold the ability to make it stop
Pain.
The kind of pain that courses through your bones, the very core of your being, constant and uncaring. That kind of pain makes things run through your mind that you never imagined you might think.
Hurtful things. 
Angry things. 
Scary things.
Things that I was going to write about but changed my mind because I don't want to be reminded of them later.
I just want it to go away.

3 comments:

  1. Strange, I was writing a post on pain tonight and decided not to post it after all; maybe later. Pain is such an odd entity to me. It is everything you describe and so much more. I've had chronic pain as far back as I can remember and wonder what my personality would be like without it. Pain changes us. In deep and profound ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post it. I'm interested in your perspective, and sharing helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. I've been trying to put together the post on pain for 3 weeks now. It's just not coming. I'll sit with it a little longer and see what emerges.

    ReplyDelete