Spring, apparently, has sprung.
Yesterday, with the sun in my eyes and the aromas of spring in my nose, I ventured to my garage with the intention of taking my noble steed for a much needed, and much anticipated, excursion into the wild blue yonder. (Okay, maybe it's neither wild or blue, but it is yonder. Work with me here.) I cherish the time that I am able to spend on my bike. It is like an oasis of peace amidst the madness. No radio, no cell phone, no conversation; no distractions. Just me, the road, and my thoughts. It can be very cathartic, and enlightening. However, I need to somehow determine a way to incorporate a pen and paper so I can take notes. I once figured out how to solve all the worlds problems while I was on a ride, it was a brilliant moment of clarity. Unfortunately, by the time I had reached my destination I had forgotten what it was. Go figure?
So out I go, after donning the appropriate apparel for such an adventure, perform a diligent post winter circle check (fluids, tires, lights etc.) and satisfied that all is in order, I straddle the beast, prepared to experience the thrill I have come to associate with that first start up of the year, and then....NOTHING! Dead battery! Arrgh!!
After quelling the urge to destroy some nearby inanimate object (luckily, there wasn't anything within reach), logic kicks in and I begin the necessary steps to remove the cursed cell from my otherwise healthy ride, with the hope of replacing it with a fresh and willing power source this evening, inspiring me. Unfortunately, I was told that the replacement I so desperately needed would require charging out of the box, therefore I couldn't have it until tomorrow! Shouldering my disappointment, I trudged back into my house (back to the distractions) in order apply a nice emotional salve to my feelings of despair over a good ride lost, and look forward to the next day when I could begin the adventure all over again with a more positive result.
That day was today.
It was a good ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear it.
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't of had that problem if it was rigged to a solar panel of some sort :P lol
ReplyDeleteOr perhaps a Bloom Box?
ReplyDelete;-)